Sickness Certificates


Learn more about sickness certificates

Request a sickness certificate (fit note)

If you are off work for 7 days or less, you do not need to give your employer a fit note or other proof of sickness from a medical professional.

Some employers insist on a Doctor’s note regardless. A Doctor’s note under these circumstances may involve a charge. See our non-NHS fees for details

Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or you can download it from the HMRC website.

You must give your employer a Doctor’s ‘fit note’ (sometimes called a ‘sick note’) if you’ve been ill for more than 7 days in a row and have taken sick leave. This includes non-working days, such as weekends and bank holidays.

You can get a fit note from a GP or Hospital Doctor

Taken sick leave for more than 7 days in a row? or Requesting an additional Sick / fit note

If you have already had a Sick Note (Fit Note) for this illness your Doctor may not need to see you to issue an additional sick note. We will contact you to let you know when you can collect your sick/fit note, or we may contact you to arrange an appointment.

If this request continues from a previous request, please continue from the last date of the previous sick note.

Request a sick note using the link below:

Get started

All fit notes will be sent electronically, if you do not have a mobile number, please let us know when you are putting in the request so we can let you know when it is ready to collect from the practice.

More About Our Services