Clinics are held Monday to Friday:
- Monday: 08:00 to 20:00
- Tuesday – Friday: 08:00 – 13:00 & 13:30 – 18:30
The practice nurse and healthcare team hold clinics and can provide help and advice regarding:
- General Health Advice
- Child and Adult Immunisations
- Travel Clinic (Excluding yellow fever)
- Flu and Pneumonia protection
- Contraceptive / Family Planning Advice
- Contraceptive Injections
- HRT Advice
- Hypertension (Blood Pressure) Management
- Cervical Screening
- Spirometry Screening (at doctors request)
- Asthma Management
- Diabetic Management
- Mental Health
- Medication Reviews
You may be asked to see one of the practice nurses/ healthcare assistance whilst waiting to see the doctor to have a general health check which will include a BP check and lifestyle advice etc.
A full Ante-natal and Post-natal service is provided by the doctors in conjunction with the community midwives. A Post-natal invite to see the doctor will be sent to you when due. Midwife clinics are held at St James Health Centre on a weekly basis.
Well, baby development checks for 6-week old babies are offered in a joint clinic run by the GPs and health visitors.