Clinics & Services
Clinics are held Monday to Friday:
- Monday: 08:00 to 20:00
- Tuesday - Friday: 09:00 – 13:00 & 13:30 – 19:00
The practice nurse and nurse practitioners hold clinics and can provide help and advice regarding:
- General Health Advice
- Child and Adult Immunisations
- Travel Clinic (Excluding yellow fever)
- Flu and Pneumonia protection
- Contraceptive / Family Planning Advice
- Contraceptive Injections
- HRT Advice
- Hypertension (Blood Pressure) Management
- Cervical Screening
- ECG / Spirometry Screening (at doctors request)
- Asthma Management
- Diabetic Management
- Mental Health
You may be asked to see one of the practice nurses/ health care assistance whilst waiting to see the doctor to have a general health check which will include a BP check and life style advice etc.
*Please note, there is currently a national shortage of yellow fever vaccine and we are not able to provide this service until further notice.
A full Ante-natal and Post-natal service is provided by the doctors in conjunction with the community midwives. A Post-natal invite to see the doctor will be sent to you when due. Midwife clinics are held at St James Health Centre on a weekly basis.
Well baby development checks for 6 week old babies are offered in a joint clinic run by the GPs and health visitors.